Monday, May 24, 2010

Jeffrey's First Taekwondo Competition

Yesterday was the first taekwondo competition that my youngest son joined. It was a mixed feelings for me because as a mother, I'm excited and afraid at the same time because he joined the sparring for white belts. He doesn't have any practice in sparring (lakas lang ng loob) hehehe, I'm confident for his poomse performance because he always practice in our home and at the gym. He insisted in joining the sparring eventhough he doesn't have any gear for that, anyway Coach Christian lend him an armour for the fight.
The competition was held at San Jose Academy in Navotas. My first time to be in San Jose, I realized that it's not that far from our place. I'm impressed in SJA because there's a lot of plants and trees inside the school (ang lamig sa mata).
We came before 8:00, the call time is 8:00 am sharp :)


Picture muna :)

The very supportive parents...actually konti pa lang yan,
dumami lalo around 9:00 am.

They were instructed to practice the poomse

The participants...

Awarding of Gold medalists for Poomse Individual Category in the morning...

Awarding of Silver medalists for Sparring in the afternoon

Siyempre ang mga proud mom and dad :)

Jeff's gold and silver medals from Philippine Taekwondo Association :)

1 comment:

  1. wow! congrats again to proud parents! riz, nagpagupit ka nga ang iksi na ng hair mo. ako nagpa layered lng. medyo mahaba pa din pero di kasing haba nung dati :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me here from you ...